Tuesday 7 June 2011

7 June running free

Today, I ran 45 minutes, doing speed drills on the treadmill. I don't like running indoors as much as running outdoors. But the pollen count is lower. I enjoyed a short warm up then some 100m pick-ups, then 400m intervals. I pushed through at a 5:30 min/km pace.  I can run faster than I think. I need to keep my brain out of the way.

I'm reading an inspirational book by marathoner and Ironman Matt Long about his return to sport after getting nearly killed on his bike. I've just started the book, but it inspired me to work harder when I ran today.  Matt took his experience to a new level and founded "I Will", dedicated to helping people who've been injured overcome the trauma.  I have a well-functioning health body. No excuses.


I decided not to go to swim practice tonight. I'm quite tired and have an important meeting tomorrow morning.  When I swim at 10 p.m. I often have trouble going to sleep before 1 a.m., and feel tired the next day. So, I will swim earlier in the evening tomorrow, although without coaching.

1 comment:

  1. I admire anyone who can run 45 mins on the treadmill without dying of boredom. It demonstrates a will of iron.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop a line to let me know you've stopped by!