Thursday 16 June 2011

15 june

I had a spot on my back checked, and it appears cancerous. Treatment options will be determined next week. On top of feeling a bit fearful and grateful that I got this looked at, I worry that the recovery time from surgery may mean I can't compete as planned next month. The dr indicated I wouldn't be able to swim for a while. And well triathlons typically require swimming, which is why I like them.

Anyway, I'm tapering for a race on sunday, so it was a rest day not counting my usual bike commute.

If you're fair skinned with a history of sun burns, and have a mole that's itchy or irregular, or a brown flat patch that's a bit different this year than last, have a dr look at it. Don't wait. I know you're busy and have other things you'd rather do. But you may be saving your life.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this. I'm glad you got this checked out. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop a line to let me know you've stopped by!