Saturday 4 June 2011

4 June spin fest

This is no doubt a personal best I cannot beat:  Garmin says my max speed today was  87.038,2 km/h.  EIGHTY SEVEN THOUSAND KM/H.





The rest of the ride was a wee bit slower, but I pushed it a bit and sometimes nestled in a pocket with other riders.  I had planned 120 km, but the A12 was closed, requiring a major bit of extra driving to get to the start point. And I got a late start. And it was gusting. The tour group offers 30, 60, 120, and 160 courses.  I wish they had an 80 or 90. That would have been just right.  At 2.5 hours, this was a little short.  But I had a great time. (especially with bulging back pockets!)






Bucolic is the word that comes to mind. And sweat is the other one. Hot and sunny. I have a wicked headache right now from dehydration. Now to figure out what's for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Lol! But if garmin says it, then it must be true. Olympics here you come?

    ReplyDelete

Please drop a line to let me know you've stopped by!