Sunday 12 June 2011

12 juni tri-training.

today blew by. It's so easy to register for a race. Then you gotta train. Open water swim today, even though I didn't "feel like it". 1400 m along the coast. It felt longer. High winds, big surf, exciting swells. Clear water. No jellies. My son enjoyed surfing.  The day looked like this, though I didn't take this photo.


Then 30 minutes on the bike trainer, doing power-meter intervals.  Yikes. That totally kicked my a$$.  I had planned a 90 minute ride, but thankfully I had dinner guests and I cut the ride short before it killed me. I will look at the watts in the workout and try again tomorrow!  This will certainly strengthen my riding.  The intervals at 230 watts got my heart rate up to 180. Yowzah. I was sweating bullets.  Which reminds me, I need to re-hydrate. And sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop a line to let me know you've stopped by!