Tuesday 14 June 2011

14 juin. taper dammit

okay. I am just awful at getting to bed early enough to get up early enough to train before going to work. I couldn't fall asleep last night and was still looking at what time it was at 11:30 plus. So when the alarm rang at 6:05 I did the only reasonable thing which was turn it off.

I did get to the gym at lunch for an interval session on the dreadmill, which was quite effective at bringing on the sweat, and showed me that my inability to run fast is mostly mental. I keep increasing the pace only to find that I can actually run faster than I think - at least for a little while. I'm almost ready to try some sub-5 min/km sprints.  But not during the week I'm supposed to be tapering for the Oly on Sunday.  After running, I did all manner of what the trainer said to do - times 20, three rounds each of 8 pairs of exercises. side plank things were easier than I thought they would be.

Something like this, only with a hand weight and reaching under and then twisting up. And recall that I am a blonde. So this is NOT me.  And I did not need to brace my feet against the wall.  However, I did do these on my forearm, not my palm. Gotta save something for later, I think.



And I'm not swimming tonight. I'm going to swim at lunch tomorrow so that I'm not yawning at my desk tomorrow as a result of seeing the other side of midnight (again). Which sounds like the title to a novel. Because it is.  Come Sunday I will be the master of the unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop a line to let me know you've stopped by!