Monday 28 December 2009

then again


I changed the name of my blog to remind me of my friend Rachel. She is a breast cancer survivor. I thought of Rachel every step I took during the Amsterdam Half. I ran with a rose for Rachel.   She is moving forward after finishing 20 radiation treatments. 

I think I have been psyching myself out about LSD.  Rachel was musing about how much work she faced to regain her health and physical conditioning.  A champion weight-lifter mentor shared with Rachel that while he was training for a competition, he would never have completed his training if he told himself he had a lot of work to do. He said,
"I'm not even sure I would have walked into the gym. But if I told myself why I was there and that I could do it one step at a time, one rep at a time, one set at a time, I could get it done. And so can you." 
Today's crappy run didn't have to be. I made it that way. The weather was gorgeous. Financial security is a state of mind.  I can pay that bill. I am healthy. So are my kids.  I just lost my mind for a moment.  I forgot my intention when going out for today's run. I had wanted to look for beauty.  It surrounds me, inside and out.

I can do this. One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop a line to let me know you've stopped by!