Monday 4 January 2010

LSD

Yesterday, I enjoyed a great 25k run. I left home at 4 PM and ran a big loop up the North Sea coastline, then into the Dunes and back home. The sunset was gorgeous, soon replaced by a clear sky and billions of stars. The sand and the dunes were frozen since the temperature was at most -1c. My water bottles froze too. I ran on the bike path in the Dunes to be sure I didn't lose my way in the dark.

My knees are a little sore this morning, but otherwise I am no worse for the wear. The last 5k were difficult - I could feel the point where I outran my previous running distances. My legs were tired. I took fairly regular walk breaks. I wished I could run at a faster pace. I will edit this later to add my pace. The run took about 4 hours 20 minutes.

In the very cold weather it was a challenge to regulate temperature - too cold, too warm. By the end of the run, I started to get cold because my clothes were damp with sweat. Altogether, the run was a big success. Odie, my marathon dog, loped along with me, carry sticks for miles and sniffing every interesting smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop a line to let me know you've stopped by!