Sunday 9 August 2009

picking up the pace and going longer.

I used pacing "house" music to help me run faster on the way back. I found it helpful, if a little mind-numbing.


1. Distance assigned: 19k Distance ran: 19.8k I had a wonderful time

2. Pace assigned: n/a Pace actually run: total time - 3:10 (includes five minutes walking at start and end from beach back to my house).

3. Walk break ratio assigned: 1:1 Walk break ratio used: as assigned - I was late starting five walk breaks. not too shabby considering there were 90 of them.

4. Speed-work done: this was "out and back." I ran a faster pace on the way back and enjoyed it a lot. Here's the route: http://www.mapmyride.com/run/netherlands/the-hague/666124982295835816


5. Any aches/pains? nope.

6. Questions? Is there a particular pace I should target for these long runs? How about during my mid-weeks runs? I would like to run faster, generally speaking.

7. Weekend workout planned for next weekend: 10*800.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop a line to let me know you've stopped by!