Sunday 29 November 2009

waxing gibbous moon

1. Distance assigned: you suggested between 15 & 22. ran: 14.9 k under a waxing gibbous moon. The beach was silver and black, with white breakers and dark golden sand - no yellow in it - more like a mustard colour. The good kind, not baseball hot dog mustard!

2. Pace Assigned: none ran: average 9:26/km total time: 2:20

3. Walk breaks assigned: none ran: I didn't take regular walk breaks tonight. I walked a couple times, but generally just kept a steady relaxing pace in the dark.

4. Speed work: none.

5. Aches & Pains: I tried running with my shoes again because of the cold weather. Got another blood blister on the right foot. I'm tossing the shoes. I hope to get an insulated pair of Vibrams. I like barefoot better.

I would have chosen the longer distance, but I just did not have the time - I didn't get up early enough and the whole weekend was filled with orchestra performances for my two sons - lovely, but smack in the middle of the day (one on Saturday and the other today), when I like to get my long run in. I laced up at 7 pm tonight even though my motivation was at an all time low. I think the cold, wet, darkness is doing a number on me. But tonight was warm-ish and dry-ish (I still ran with wool socks).

6. questions: not really - just to let you know, I'm a bit at cross-purposes at the moment. I am really pushing to lose some weight, so I'm eating a lower calorie menu than I have the last couple months. I think ultimately, my running will be easier with these last 10 pounds off. I felt like I had good stamina tonight - I ate more yesterday and today to prepare for the run. My goal is to be at my goal weight by new years.

7. Next week: I'm not sure -  here's what you had put together - I'm off by a week since my household had the flu and I ran a 5k instead of distance last weekend.

Nov 22--22K
Nov 29--5K
Dec 6--27K
Dec 13--6K
Dec 19--16K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop a line to let me know you've stopped by!