Saturday 25 April 2009


I felt great running today. I rested Friday. My 5k on Thursday was slow and heavy-legged. I think I was still tired from swimming Tuesday and a HIIT on the erg Wednesday. 10 minutes of intense intervals wiped me out!

The 1 minute run/1 minute walk for the long run turned out to be very pleasant. I brought my sports tablets with me. I felt really strong during the last third of the run, and picked up my pace a bit.

1. Distance assigned: 13k Distance actually run: 14k
2. Pace assigned: n/a Pace actually run: Pace 09:06 (avg) Speed: 6.47 (km/hr) (avg)
3. Walk break ratio assigned: 1:1 Walk break ratio used: 1:1
4. Speed-work done: During the last third of the run, I picked up my pace slightly during the run portions. Felt very good.
5. Any aches/pains? No. Minor soreness in my knees develops after 30 min. I felt tired when I ran Thursday 5k at 1:1. I rested on Friday.
6. Questions? The Paris race has a huge elevation gain in the middle. What should I do to prepare for it? (pictured)
7. Weekend workout planned for the following week: May 3--2 x 800

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop a line to let me know you've stopped by!