Saturday 9 May 2009

Another 14k - another fabulous run

Too many horses. Not enough dogs. Today's morning run included a shot of adrenaline. Two girls galloped their horses along the water line, racing each other. They had no control over the horses. They came up from behind me. Hearing the hooves (they really do thunder), I raced over to grab Odie and we huddled on the ground as the horses passed us, splitting and leaving us in the middle. I had goose bumps all over my body.

This made the interactions with the trotters a non-event. Odie hasn't been too interested in chasing horses generally. He's now a rug. Shadowing me from room to room.

Here's today's stats. I've been having some "issues" with knee inflammation. Thankfully, no issues today.

1. Distance assigned: 13k Distance actually run: 14k

2. Pace assigned: n/a Pace actually run: Pace 10:22 (avg) Speed: 5.77 (km/hr) (avg)

3. Walk break ratio assigned: Walk 5 minute warm up; 1:1 Walk break ratio used: as assigned,plus five minute walking cool-down

4. Speed-work done: No. Slow run. Slower than last long run.

5. Any aches/pains? No. This week I was "aware of" my knees - they didn't hurt, but they didn't feel invisible either. I x-trained on the erg rather than run on Thursday. Tuesday was a 42 minute run on an island in the North Sea. Today, my "usual" minor soreness" in my knees did not appear until two hours out. This is an improvement, since I usually notice my knees after 30 min. I didn't get enough sleep this week.

6. Questions? No.

7. Weekend workout planned for the following week: May 17--Magic Mile (MM) 400 meter times: 2:30, 2:28, 2:26, 2:24 (9:48)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop a line to let me know you've stopped by!