Sunday 6 January 2013

5 janathon

I got off my chair finally and did a nice little workout.

Warm-up: 5 minutes speed-rope. Toe touch/wind-mills.

Scaling Fran: For elite athletes, Fran is 21-15-9 reps of 95# thrusters and pull-ups. I checked scaling suggestions at BrandX. This is supposed to be a 3-4 minute workout. Then I watched some videos on how to keep good form for thrusters. (Push straight up, not out).

Working with what's available means modifying for dumbbells rather than barbells. And I used the TRX for supine rows. When I was ready to start, I needed to decide which weights. I tried a couple reps with the 10kg dumbbells, but didn't think I'd be able to press them 12-9-6 with good form. So I dropped down to 8kg. No need to hurt myself. 2:55 I sat on the bench afterwards to catch my breath.

Next time, I can increase the weight and maybe the reps too.

After I recovered, I did a tabata circuit of squats, military press/burpees, "swimming" (which I hate), and mountain climbers.

I will do pull-ups in 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop a line to let me know you've stopped by!