Monday 31 January 2011

31 January The Finish Line & the Starting Line

Well, it's been a fun run with you all this month. I'm totally impressed by the dedication of my fellow runners and athletes of all sorts.

I had planned to ride for an hour this evening, but the software for the trainer had other ideas. I gave up in frustration and pulled on my running tights and shoes. I gave up looking for my heart rate strap.

My dog was glad for the company and we trotted out into the cold for a short 20 minutes of walking & jogging. I gave up waiting for my watch to find the satellites. I find the pleasure in the activity is in the doing, not the recording of it. So, I just enjoyed being outside, feeling how tired I feel and letting go of the day.

I didn't feel particularly like running, since I did a nice 10k yesterday. And my right knee is a little cranky. I barked it on a grip while climbing yesterday, and anyway, my knees and I have a deal. I don't run two days in a row, and they don't complain about my running. But I did run enough of the 20 minutes to feel like I ended Janathon honorably!  I hope our running & blogging paths cross again.  I really appreciate all the supportive comments I received, and I hope I offered as much support in return.  Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to reply to comments on the Blogger format.

I hope we'll keep in touch. I usually use this blog for race reports and exciting things I've learned or want to share.  I'm planning an exciting triathlon season this year, and hoping to continue to increase my fitness and sport confidence. I just made up that idea, but you know what I mean, I hope.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

2 comments:

  1. Well done, Chris, and all the best for season ahead. Keep in touch! K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Chris. I've been very impressed with not only your running but all your other activities. You've inspired me to have a go again at climbing this year.
    It's been good getting to know you through your blog as a Mum and athlete, although I realise I don't know what your job is or was? In the meantime I shall keep a watch out for postings on your blog even if that should result in translation errors on my part! Keep running ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please drop a line to let me know you've stopped by!