Saturday 10 October 2009

tapering for next week

Distance Assigned: 5k


2. Pace assigned: none - I gave this a playful relaxed effort in the pouring rain on a wind-swept beach.

3. Pace ran: 5.5 in 46:10. I played around with the Garmin again and set a 1.6 km segment in between a really slow warm up and cool down of 1.7 km. Without running on a measured path (I was down at the beach), I found it more difficult to pace/push myself - I didn't have a notion of where the "finish line" was. This was a very relaxed run with lots of walking before and after the middle segment. (the extra half k was just to get back to the house.)

4. Speed-work done: I ran some sprints early in the week (again, trying to figure out how this goofy watch works. Over 40 equals CAN'T SEE THE WATCH FACE, which was very funny - the joke being on me, of course. Maybe your next book: Running with Bifocals..... Sub'd another row for a mid-week run, but walked 30 - 40 minutes every morning at 6:30 (my mother in law is visiting from the States, so we're up early to share some coffee and go out with the dog).

5. Any aches/pains? No. I was still a little sore today from weightlifting on Thursday. Some morning yoga helped.

6. Questions? You asked for a reminder about pacing/walk break ratio for the Amsterdam Half, which has a three-hour cut off time.

7. Weekend workout planned for next weekend: Oct 18--Amsterdam Half Marathon--plus 3K warm up and 3K warm down


Have a great week. I'm getting excited about next week - I already mapped the packet pickup location!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop a line to let me know you've stopped by!